Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Week 9

I looked at the material available on Overdrive. I rarely checkout audio so there's not much I personally would be interested in. When I've mentioned it to patrons (those who check out audios) they don't usually express a lot of interest.

I looked at podcast.net which seemed pretty straightforward. I couldn't actually get the podcast I selected to play, which I assume means there's some additional software I would need to download. The podcasts from the Kankakee library looked somewhat interesting although usually I like to skim through transcripts since it's faster. The library podcasts I have listened to in the past seem to spend too much time thanking people for participating, greeting people etc. when I want to get to the pertinent bits quicker.

I look at youtube, although only for personal use at home. Most of the library ones that I have seen that someone has sent me a link to are incredibly dull.

No comments: